Fitness Challenge – Ballet Body DVD # 9 Results
Earlier this year, Prevention Magazine released their 10 Best DVD Workouts list. Not having tried any of the DVDs before, I thought what better way to put them to the test than to personally give them all a shot so I could tell you about them.
To date, the list of DVDs to be put through the paces includes Leslie Sansone’s Walk at Home 3 Mile Slim & Sleek Walk, Denise Austin’s 3 Week Boot Camp, Jazzercise Dancin’ Abs, 10 Minute Solution 5 Day Get Fit Mix, Bootcamp Boogie, Barefoot Cardio, Personal Training with Jackie and Slim and Tone Pilates.
Recently, my attention turned to: Ballet Body
This DVD workout consists of 5 programs across 60 minutes that are focused on cardio, balance, stretching, and toning using ballet dance movements as the foundation.
Here are a few highlights from the program:
- The instructor has good energy and maintains a positive environment throughout the routine.
- The workout is ideal for any level of fitness – though some of the dance moves may be occasionally challenging.
- The program seems to flow pretty quickly – moving from track to track without leaving you too exhausted.
- The soundtrack for this DVD is engaging and keeps your attention.
- Out of the total DVDs tested to date, this one falls toward the bottom of my list. For those who may be into dance, this may score a bit higher than with those of us who are more rhythmically challenged. I tend to be into more traditional workouts.
Check out the DVD scorecard for more detail:
Be on the lookout for next week’s results for: