Roasted Chicken in Lemon-Orange Sauce
One way to keep your grilled entrees interesting and flavorful is to work in ingredients that are in season to bring something new to your meal. For example, a splash of orange and lemon juice with a few spices thrown in leads to the perfect marinade to create Roasted Chicken in Lemon-Orange Sauce.
This chicken preparation will be a hit with friends and family when hosting your next BBQ or get together.
What You’ll Need:
- 4 Chicken Breast Halves
- 1 1/2 Cups Orange Juice
- 1/2 Cup fresh Lemon Juice
- 3 garlic cloves, rough chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp Thyme Leaves
- 4 Whole Cloves
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt, Black Pepper to Taste
Making Your Dish:
- Several hours before making meal, prepare your marinade. Mix the following together & set aside:
- Orange and lemon juices, garlic, thyme, cloves, oil
- In a bowl with a lid, place your chicken and generously season with salt and pepper.
- Take 1/2 the marinade & thoroughly cover the chicken breasts, cover & refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Split remaining juice in half and set aside.
- When ready to cook, preheat grill to medium high heat
- Place chicken on grill & cook to temperature- basting throughout cooking process
- Remove chicken from grill when ready and allow to rest for 4-5 minutes
- Top chicken with sauce that’s been left untouched and serve
Nutritional Information per Serving
- Serving Size – 1 Chicken Breast Half and Tbsp Sauce
- Calories – Approx 360
- WW – 6 pts for Chicken and Sauce
This chicken goes well with baked potatoes, a green steamed veggie, and a tomato/onion salad. Mangia and enjoy.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- My training last week: 22.67 mi and 4017 calories burned bit.ly/qPw7jV 1 month ago
- Please consider supporting ALS research and our involvement in the Sharon Timlin Race: firstgiving.com/sharontimlinra… 1 month ago
- My training last week: 7 workouts for 18.3 mi and 3080 calories burned bit.ly/qPw7jV 1 month ago
- Quinn's doing some early morning composing on the piano. campl.us/n1KA 3 months ago