Fitness Challenge – Final DVD Results
Earlier this year, Prevention Magazine released their 10 Best DVD Workouts list. Not having tried any of the DVDs before, I thought what better way to put them to the test than to personally give them all a shot so I could tell you about them.
To date, the list of DVDs to be put through the paces includes Leslie Sansone’s Walk at Home 3 Mile Slim & Sleek Walk, Denise Austin’s 3 Week Boot Camp, Jazzercise Dancin’ Abs, 10 Minute Solution 5 Day Get Fit Mix, Bootcamp Boogie, Barefoot Cardio, Personal Training with Jackie, Slim and Tone Pilates, and Ballet Body.
This particular workout DVD consists of more than 80 minutes of walking routines – with the following available options:
- Beginner’s Walk – Approx 15 Minutes
- Pre-Mixed Walking Sessions consisting of 16, 32, and 50 minute routines
- An Ab Workout - Approx 12 Minutes
Here are several highlights from this DVD program:
- The instructor, Deb Mazda, was at one point over 300 pounds and lost 150 lbs to completely change her life
- She’s a real person that’s very likeable and that you feel you can trust
- The regimen is for any fitness level – in fact the shapely girl back-ups are all larger women who run through the workout with Debra
- The underlying principle behind this program is that it’s important to move/exercise and that with gradual changes all can be successful
- The workout is fun – and you find yourself getting into it
- Out of the total DVDs tested to date, this one falls toward the middle of the pack – though I definitely can see busting it out as part of my exercise plan
Check out the DVD scorecard for more detail and to see the final workout program standings: