Bid Farewell to the Grill Recipe
With the Fall season upon us, we’re approaching the time when we’ll be saying goodbye to our grills (..well most of us will be – I still like to use it in the winter) and moving the cooking of meals indoors.
If lucky, we’ll have a few more weekends ahead of us with decent weather before we have to make the final switch. What better way to bid farewell to our dear friend than to send it off with a delicious dish that we can cook together outdoors?
The last recipe I grilled up was Spicy Pork Sirloin Chops and it might just be the right option for this. Serve it up with Sweet Corn & White Bean Salsa and you’ll have quite the going away party.
Ingredients (makes 4 servings):
- 4 – 4 oz pork sirloin steaks or boneless chops, lean
- 2 tsp Splenda Brown Sugar blend
- 1 tsp each paprika, garlic powder, cumin, and fennel seeds
- 1 small can cannellini beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 c fresh sweet corn kernels
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/4 c chopped basil, fresh
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- salt / pepper to taste
Making the Pork:
- Heat the grill to about 350-400 degrees & coat with cooking spray
- Mix in a bowl – brown sugar, fennel seeds, cumin, garlic powder, salt, pepper & paprika
- Evenly coat the pork with the dry rub
- Cook on each side 4-7 min until to temperature – 155 degrees
- Remove from heat and let rest for 5 to 10 minutes
Making the Salsa:
- While pork is resting, mix beans, corn, onion, basil, vinegar, oil, in bowl.
- Season with salt/pepper to taste
- Serve 1/2 c on top your pork sirloin or chop
Spicy Pork and Sweet Corn & White Bean Salsa goes nicely with a mixed green salad with vinaigrette or Italian dressing.
And, with this recipe, we get to say goodbye to our grills with style. No need to be sad though, it’ll be back with us soon enough. And in the meantime..think of all the comforting fall and winter dishes we get to enjoy.
Do you have any favorite grill recipes?
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- My training last week: 22.67 mi and 4017 calories burned bit.ly/qPw7jV 1 month ago
- Please consider supporting ALS research and our involvement in the Sharon Timlin Race: firstgiving.com/sharontimlinra… 1 month ago
- My training last week: 7 workouts for 18.3 mi and 3080 calories burned bit.ly/qPw7jV 1 month ago
- Quinn's doing some early morning composing on the piano. campl.us/n1KA 3 months ago