Home > Anecdotes / Thoughts, Uncategorized > I’m not M.I.A….I’m Just….

I’m not M.I.A….I’m Just….

Some of you may have noticed that I haven’t been blogging or reading blogs as regularly as I may have in the past. Nothing to worry about. I’ve been simply taking some time to bake up this:

AND this:

That’s right! You’re seeing it correctly. I didn’t fall off the wagon or stop writing for no reason…..I’m just pregnant – with identical twins.

Though I’ve shared the news with family and close friends, I’ve been keeping it from most of my co-workers. (In fact if you’re a coworker and a reader of the Treadmilldiaries and I haven’t shared this info with you personally, I’d like to ask you to respect my privacy at work and to not share this with anyone. I know you can appreciate that I may want to let work know on my own schedule and terms.)

Now, here’s a bit more background for all of you ….I’m 3 ½ months along and due somewhere between late July to mid August -with twins they say I can expect to go 4 weeks earlier than planned.

I won’t lie to you. The first trimester has been an adjustment which is why I haven’t been around that much. I’ve had to work through rounds of nausea and several food aversions to some of my favorite things – water, vegetables, fruit, cold foods, and a host of other weird cravings. It made things a tad tricky. But good news..I’m through the woods and starting to feel like myself again.

Hello – veggies and water! I’ve missed you so. And, let’s not even talk about my exercise routine.

Besides getting back to nutrition and fitness plans which are closer to how things were before getting pregnant, I am excited about the opportunity to share this experience with you.

There’s so much we can talk about:

• The emotional and physical changes of pregnancy
  • Accepting a weight gain / after having spent two years focused on taking it off
  • Establishing routines that work
  • Learning what kind of parent I want to be
  • ..and all the unforeseen stops along the way.

I hope you’ll join me through some of it…and am open to any questions you may have. Thetreadmilldiaries@gmail.com

Thanks for listening, Di.

About these ads
  1. March 12, 2011 at 1:19 pm

Congratulations! I am doing my rotation in OB/GYN right now and I get to see all the OB patient’s in the office and help deliver babies! I’m so excited for you! This is such an exciting time for you! Enjoy it!

2. March 8, 2011 at 10:05 pm

Squeeeeeee! OMG I am so happy for you! I actually hopped over here because I haven’t heard from you in a while and hoped things were okay. I am SO glad to see that things are not only okay, but AWESOME.

Ryan and I would LOVE to have twins, and we wish you the absolute BEST! Congrats!!!

3. February 27, 2011 at 2:26 pm

CONGRATS DI!!! OMG! How exciting!! :):):) Best of luck to you!

4. February 23, 2011 at 2:49 pm

Oh, congratulations!!! So happy for you! The husband and I are trying to conceive right now, so I look forward to reading your blog even more now!

5. February 22, 2011 at 5:19 pm

congratulations, that’s wonderful!!!! :) are you part of a twin yourself?

6. February 21, 2011 at 7:45 pm

OH MY GOSH!! Congratulations! I’m so happy for you. :) I can’t wait until I get to experience the whole pregnancy thing.

7. February 21, 2011 at 7:27 pm

CONGRATS!! that is SO exciting! twins will be so much fun. I can’t wait to hear more, I hope you’ll share as you can… take care!!

8. Arlene
    February 21, 2011 at 5:37 pm

I wondered why you’ve been silent. That explains it! Congratulations.

9. February 21, 2011 at 3:47 pm

Congratulations! Identical twins will be so much fun!!

10. runrettarun
    February 21, 2011 at 1:22 pm

I literally squealed out loud and scared my co-workers when I read this!! Congratulations!! I am so happy for you. I was worried about you but this is just fabulous!! EEEEEEP.

11. February 21, 2011 at 11:12 am

always going big! CONGRATS! Very excited for you and Jon. has the spreadsheeting begun yet??!! :)

12. February 21, 2011 at 10:55 am

Squeal! CONGRATS to you Di! This is so unbelievably exciting! Can’t wait to join you on your journey =)

13. February 21, 2011 at 10:46 am

Ahhhh – Congratulations!!!!!!! So exciting – identical twins! So glad you’ll share the journey with us! My brother and sis-in-law have quads ~ you’ll have your hands full, too!! Just keep baking! : )

• February 21, 2011 at 10:48 am

Thanks! I give your brother and sis-in law a lot of credit for raising four little ones at the same time. I’m sure we’ll be busy with two..but at the same time..I know we’ll figure it out and be fine. Should be fun.

14. February 21, 2011 at 10:01 am

OMG!!!! CONGRATS! this is SO exciting!!!

15. Lorilyn
    February 21, 2011 at 9:57 am

Congratulations, Di!! I am so thrilled for you both. You will be fantastic parents. Enjoy the coming months, it is such a wonderful time. Take care!

• February 21, 2011 at 10:04 am

Thanks Lori. We’re planning to give it our best and will be looking for lots of help from the ‘pros’ who’ve been there already.

16. February 21, 2011 at 9:33 am

Just found your site, and WOW – pregnant with twins! Big congratulations to you! Can’t wait to hear about your journey! Take care!

17. February 21, 2011 at 8:27 am

Awwwwwwwwww, congratulations! Twins, what a blessing :) I hope you have a wonderful pregnancy!

18. February 21, 2011 at 7:46 am

Oh my goodness!!!! Congratulations. I was wondering what had happened to you, but thought you might have been busy at work, not busy baking two babies! I can’t wait to hear how your pregnancy plays out.

1. No trackbacks yet.