Making A Prime Rib Roast
I have to say it ended up being the star of the day and we all every much enjoyed our dinner. Yummyyyy. One of my girlfriends – who admits this is her all-time favorite way to eat beef – asked for the recipe that night so I thought I would share it with all of you too.
- A 5 lb Prime Rib Roast
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3-4 Tbsp of a course Beef Rub (salt, peppercorns, paprika, & other spices you like)
How it looks before it goes into the oven…
- Take the roast out of the fridge & allow it to get to room temp (20-30 minutes)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place in roasting pan & cover thoroughly with olive oil
- Rub the beef rub mixture into all sides of the roast
- Allow to sit in the seasoning for another 15-20 minutes before placing in oven
- Then, roast in oven for 17-20 minutes per pound ( to achieve medium doneness)
- Remove from oven when done cooking and allow to rest for 10-15 min
- Slice and serve
For our gathering, we decided to plate up the prime rib with roasted fingerling potatoes, mashed butternut squash and a side of green beans. It was the perfect combination and we all cleaned our plates until it was gone. Sooo good.
It was the ideal comforting meal for a day spent with good friends and in good company. If you decide to give this a try, I hope you enjoy it.
Any other recipes out there for making your favorite roast?