Crunchy & Cool
This is precisely how I’m liking my foods lately. It’s probably related to the seasonal change. Or it’s just that there are more fruit/veggie options available. But why overanalyze, right? I’m just going with it.
For example, I’ve been enjoying all types of salads – topped with grilled chicken, cucumber & tomato, multi-bean and even the simple garden salads. Pretty much a deee-li-cious variety every day for lunch or dinner.
A twist on the salad that I recently turned into my meal was the Beef Gyro with lots o veggies. Plenty of crunchy and cool in this one.
- 1 lb beef flank steak, seasoned & grilled & cut into short thin strips (like fajita meat)
- 1 Cucumber, deseeded and chopped into small cubes
- 2 Roma Tomatoes, deseeded and chopped into small cubes
- 1 Vidalia onion, coarsely chopped
- TzaTziki Sauce – either pick up your favorite brand at home or you can mix one up
- 6 Pita or Flatbreads
Assembling the Gyro: You really don’t need to be highly skilled to put this one together. All it takes is:
- Take your pita or flatbread & add 2-4 pieces of beef flank
- Generously top with cucumber, tomatoes and Vidalia onion to taste. More = Crunchier
- Add a dollop of your Tzatziki sauce in the center
- Fold & Eat (this is the best part) J
Even though I pile in the veggies, I still like some sort of side salad with my gyro. It goes really well with either a bean or tomato/cucumber salad..and both are great for dipping in a little extra Tzatziki. Yum yum.
This recipe is quick, fresh..and let’s not forget….Crunchy & Cool. Enjoy!
Have you been craving different types of foods lately?