Too Much Time on my Hands
I don’t know about you but I’ve always been the type of person who has to be doing something. Sure, I like the occasional downtime as much as the next guy or gal. But if I have a say in the matter, my choice without question will be to have a jam-packed day filled with lots of activity.
Plus, I find that staying busy is also THE perfect way to keep yourself from doing things you may not want (like overeating or being a couch potato) or allowing your mind to drift to subjects that may not be the most pleasant (insert your own personal downer topic of choice here).
That said, my options for staying busy are somewhat limited these days while I recover from surgery. No exercise outside of basic walking (aka no running – sniffle) until July 1st. And, no going back to work until the week of June 13th. All this leaves me having to get pretty darn creative about how to make the best use of my sufficiently available time.
Enter some of the miscellaneous tasks I’ve assigned myself in the past couple of days:
- Revising my 2011 monthly budget (I kind of liked this one actually)
- Scheduling my annual optometrist visit
- Providing a friend with career counseling and resume writing help because they’re working and don’t have the time to focus on it
- Organizing my office which was recently renovated
- And..doing light chores around the house
Plus, I’ve been motivated to get back into a couple of less strenuous hobbies like
And I’m sure I’ll come up with other primo ideas for keeping myself occupied – perhaps cooking new recipes and writing posts for my blog. I know that whatever I choose to do will ultimately keep me from being idle…and in my world…that’s a very good thing. Don’t you agree?
If you’re in the mood to help a lady out, feel free to pass along any good reads, activities, or ideas for keeping me active (and sane) over the next couple of weeks. J Thanks in advance!
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- My training last week: 22.67 mi and 4017 calories burned bit.ly/qPw7jV 1 month ago
- Please consider supporting ALS research and our involvement in the Sharon Timlin Race: firstgiving.com/sharontimlinra… 1 month ago
- My training last week: 7 workouts for 18.3 mi and 3080 calories burned bit.ly/qPw7jV 1 month ago
- Quinn's doing some early morning composing on the piano. campl.us/n1KA 3 months ago